WINNING WINTER WOOLIES
We love winter. Ok. No. We do not love winter. But we do love winter fashion. Uh huh. Layers are our friend. Coats. Boots. Beanies. Winter clothes help hide the extra k-gees you have been planning to get rid of since last winter. Oops. And we can always hide our flyaway messy mama hair under a beanie. And scarves disguise our chocolate-cake-biscuit-carb-loading-double-sometimes-triple-chin. Phew.
So Hello Winter. We are ready-ish for you. Starting with our all time winter favourites... Knits. We love them to bits. Oh-so snug. And we have plenty.
Here are just a few of our favourites. All shapes. All colours. All sizes. All styles. All budgets.
Our friends at Target have nailed knits this season. On trend. And on budget. YES! Here are our two favourites...
1. The Cowl Neck Jumper in Graphite. A roll neck that actually looks great and keeps its shape. Side splits for the extra-hippy-days. And a nice blue-grey-charcoal colour. Plus she comes in Winter White. Which is actually a soft-blush-pink. And Salt and Pepper. Black and White. A little like the Shona Joy colour-fleck-style we mention later on.
2. The Cable Knit. She may not look super styling or super amazing on the rack…. But when she is on. Wooeee. Snug and Stylish. The colour is actually a soft-grey-duck-egg-blue. Super pretty. And well priced at only $20. We actually have two. Just in case. And we wear ours with Jeans. And active wear. Do not judge us. It works. Sort of. Heck.
3. Oh Shona Joy. You’ve done it again. We love your Anouk Roll Neck Jumper. Turtleneck. Oversized. White and Navy. We snapped one up last year. And wore it almost everyday through winter. Even with the bump. AND they are back again this year. We are tempted to grab another… but ours is still in tip top shape. Dang. $180.
4. Perhaps we will grab her big sister... the divine Birkin Roll Neck Knit in Tan $260. True love. Sigh.
5. Oh hello lover. The American Vintage Mohair Mix Roll Neck Knit. They call this colour Lunar Melange. We call it bloody-awesome. A little higher on the dollar scale but oh-so beautiful. $240.
We love Blossom and Glow. We really do. And how could we not talk about Winter Woolies and show you our two favourites from them...
6. The Elise Knit. She is chunky. A little like us. Oversized. Ha. And oh so comfortable. Roll neck perfection. And spot on colour. She keeps us warm plus covers our lumps and bumps in style. And she is a perfectly priced $68.
7. The Jayla Knit in Grey. A total must have. Again oversized. Soft. Cosy. And suits all shapes and sizes. We love layering this little lady with our friend the Stripe Tee. $87.
8. We used to have a super unhealthy obsession with ASOS. Not a week went by that we were not getting a delivery from our 'good friends'. Oops. We have had to dial back getting our shop on a little… but we could not go past this beauty. The Ultimate Chunky Jumper. Cream. Soft Touch Chunky Knit. Relaxed fit. Come on. She has ‘ultimate’ in her name. As if we couldn’t love her. And only $55.
9. The team at Feather and Noise know how to do knits well. Actually. They know how to do everything well. And of course. Our top pick is the Lush Knit in Black. You just show us rose gold shiny spots and we are totally hooked. Yup. So much love for this Knit. Super sweet price of $59.
10. Ok. Anyone that knows us… knows we have a deep love for everything Camilla and Marc. Yes siree. Our bank accounts do not always agree… so we wait patiently for the perfect piece. Or the perfect sale. In this case. This is the perfect knit. The Turnsole Jumper. Turtle Neck Khaki Winter Woolly perfection. At the top of our pops at $380. But. Eep. We oh-so-love-need-want-her. Dang.
Go get your shop on! And if you find any other beauties…. please let us know.
PS Next up. Coats. Beanies. Boots.